Our clients are seeking deep and lasting strategic and operational improvement on growth and performance. We provide counsel on issues in strategy, organization, earnings improvement, IT and operations, and sales and marketing. We also partner with clients to develop sound observations about the future state of the industry, and to make strong strategic choices that will enable them to adapt and thrive in a changing market.
Our collaborative and fact-based approach relies on deep proprietary research that spans all institutional and retail segments, asset classes (for example, alternatives) and products, such as exchange traded funds and outcome-oriented funds. Our proprietary tools provide unique insights into the flows, assets, and economics of each of the sub-segments of these markets and into the preferences and behaviors of consumers, investors, and intermediaries.
We work across the full spectrum of challenges faced by our clients, including:
- Growth. We help clients identify and embrace new markets and segments that lead to sustainable competitive advantage.
- Operations. We help design and implement superior front- and back-office processes in research, portfolio management, risk management, technology, and distribution.
- Organization. We partner with clients to develop optimal organizational structures and processes.
- Investment performance. We support clients on portfolio management, research, and knowledge management, with a focus on superior execution. Through senior-level conferences and roundtables, we foster a regular exchange of current research and insight, and provide our clients with cutting-edge knowledge relevant to their strategic needs.
Examples of our work
We work with leading institutions in all of the world’s major markets. Recent engagements include:
- working with a US private bank to develop a growth strategy based on overall assessment of market and personal financial services profit model
- developing organizational structure for newly-formed integrated global distribution group
- supporting a European firm on exchange-traded-fund strategy
- serving an asset manager on sales and marketing cost improvement; on track to capture 15 to 20 percent in cost reductions
- helping a leading bank formulate an integrated retirement strategy, identifying key opportunities in 401(k), IRA rollovers and defined contribution, and developing supporting architecture